1 oz. coconut oil
1 oz. Shea butter
1/2 oz. beeswax
Melt all ingredients in a 3 oz. container using a hot water bath (placing your container in a pot of hot water that only rises to 1/2 way up the container) never boiling. Stir well and let sit until hardened.
To use, dip fingernail into pot and take out a small amount, place on lips and gently rub all over until fully covered. Repeat when needed.
19 oz. sunflower seed oil
11 oz. Shea butter
11 oz. Shea Butter
10 oz. sunflower seed oil
4 oz. hemp seed oil
4 oz. olive oil
1 oz. castor seed oil
This product keeps for up to 9 months under normal conditions.
from the Hippy Homemaker
Scoop into a mason jar (at least 250 ml)
Use within 9 months
60 g Coconut Oil
90 g Beeswax
30 g Shea Butter
Other materials that you will need:
Medium Sized Saucepan & Large Glass Measuring Cup
or a Double Boiler
Silicon Moulds (if you don't have a silicon mould, you can use a parchment lined bread pan or small cake pan and cut into desired size.
Place molds on a sheet pan. Do this step in advance to prep for pouring the hot liquid.
3. Measure the coconut oil, beeswax and Shea butter and add to a glass measuring cup
4. Place the measuring cup in the pan 1/2 filled with water and place on medium-low heat, stirring ingredients until fully melted
5. Remove from heat.
7. Pour the liquid mixture into the moulds or parchment lined container
8. Let the lotion bars cool in the fridge until hardened
9. Carefully remove bars from the moulds. Cut in desired sizes if using lined container
10. Wrap in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
To use, gently rub on skin.
Create It Yourself
For you, your loved ones, your home, your business. Recipes to help you have control over the ingredients that go into the things you use. Recipes that have been created for myself, friends and clients. .